In the U.S., 1 out of every 1000 individuals age 65+ and about 5 of every 1000 persons older than 50 years, have symptoms of spinal stenosis. Lumbar spinal stenosis can lead to back and leg pain. Common symptoms include:
- Pain while walking
- Numbness or a “tingling” feeling in buttocks or legs
- Weakness and/or loss of balance
- Aching, dull back pain spreading to the legs
- Decreased endurance during physical activities
- Pain relief experienced when sitting or leaning over slightly
Symptoms develop slowly over time, and often become worse due to standing and walking. This can affect many activities included in daily life.
The Vertiflex Superion procedure is a clinically proven, minimally-invasive solution that may help. If you are experiencing chronic pain from lumbar spinal stenosis, call Innovative Pain & Spine Specialists at 402-413-5010 to find out if you are a candidate for the Vertiflex Superion procedure.